[ubuntu-florida] Ubuntu-us-fl Digest, Vol 2, Issue 13

Ez Tips eztips at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 25 13:06:05 BST 2007

Hello All:

As far as I know the EOCC June 1st thing is a go, today is the current "big" event that the events committee has been working on for Secretary's Day. I figure by mid-next the business expo should be appearing on the EOCC.ORG website as a major function. I just so happened that I found out about it way early in a routine email message, and I wanted to make sure that we had all the necessary swag from Canonical. Which we do since Elliot Murphy was nice enough a load of Fiesty Live CD's, leaflets, stickers and T-Shirts from London for us.

I also have be pitching Open Source to the people at my leads groups, on Tuesday I have to opportunity to hand out over a dozen Live-CD to the small business community of East Orange County. They were the attractive blue packages that said "Kubuntu" on them. Since I had Ubuntu on my notebook I fiqured that the different variation (Kubuntu) would show that the disks would hurt there computers if they didn't install it. Just like using a windows notebook to do the same demonstration. Since most of them haven't used any other desktop environment then Windows, it doesn't matter if you give them Kubuntu or Ubuntu. If anything Kubuntu make make a better choice if they like the "Start Button".

I have also figured out how to remove the word "install" for the splash screen when you burn your own Live-CD's. Since I have had a few people tell me that they were "afraid" the CD was going to delete everything on their computer. Which we all know isn't true if they don't install, check this ubuntu wiki page for that:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MikeFeravolo?highlight=%28Mike%29%7C%28Feravolo%29

That's it for now

Mike Feravolo
http://wiki.gs