[DC LoCo] BOINC question

Marti Martinson arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Sun May 5 23:24:17 UTC 2013

I upgraded to 13.04 with only one glitch. Thunderbird mail app
completely froze my X-server and locked the PC hard. An on/off reboot
and I tried Thunderbird again.....this time, no problem.

I have an app question about BOINC. I had BOINC as an executable but a
library was missing so it would not run. I removed it and tried a BOINC
package from synaptic and signed up again with cosmology at home. The tasks
seem to be running a LOT faster. (Yes, I have the CPU usage set at 40%
just like I did for the executable.)

Just wondering if anyone else ran BOINC and noticed a diff between
executable and package.

Thanks.