[DC LoCo] Ubuntu Gaming LAN Party

Matthew Gallagher mattva01 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 18:02:25 UTC 2013

I've been thinking of this for a while, now that Valve has been porting
more recent games to Linux

I think it would be cool to do a Ubuntu Gaming LAN-Party. What do you guys
think?

If you are interested post games you own that run well on Linux, as well as
computer specs and Steam alias if you feel like it.

My Specs:
Desktop
CPU: Intel i5-2500k
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 480 (NVIDIA Linux Proprietary Driver)
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HD/SSD: 128 GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 1.5 TB Western Digital 7200 rpm HDD
Triple booting Windows 8/Ubuntu Quantal/Debian Testing

Games I own that have native linux clients:
All the GoldSrc games (Half-Life,Day of Defeat Counter-Strike)
Most Source 2007 Games (Portal, Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike:Source)
Left 4 Dead 2
Kerbal Space Program
Minecraft
Don't Starve