[DC LoCo] Quantal installfest

Andres Hidalgo andres.hidalgo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 19:39:48 UTC 2013

Hi guys!

I think I can help. I know how to use GIMP & Inkscape :-D I'm not a
designer but sometimes I've designed some flyers for events.

Send me the information about the event and I can try.

Kevin, build DC flag with Ubuntu logos is a great idea !

BTW

I will send the flyer to a friend who is working in a computer lab in
American University.

What is your opinion about add the sentence "También en Español" (also in
Spanish) to try to bring hispanic people ?

See you!

Sorry for my English. I'm still learning... :-P

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Kevin Cole <dc.loco at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, I hope you get through this battle.  According to Wikipedia that
> medication is some serious juju.
>
> As to flyers:  I don't have the machine handy at the moment, but
> tomorrow I should be able to call up a lot of my earlier attempts at
> publicity and could gin something up. In particular, I'm thinking of
> something that makes use of the DC flag where I replaced the stars
> with the Ubuntu logo, albeit all in the same red as the DC flag rather
> than the tri-colored logo, and/or the Capitol dome.    Or maybe just
> something using the Ubuntu font on an "Ubuntu orange" background. I'm
> not particularly imaginative and those two images have served me as
> starting points in the past.  Others are welcome to take a crack at
> it.
>
> (I've been having a bit of fun with my first crack at 3D animation
> with POVray that you might appreciate, and though it does static
> images too, I don't think I could throw together anything particularly
> useful in time to get some early fliering up.)

Andrés Hidalgo
andres.hidalgo at gmail.com
Bethesda, MD 20814. USA.

http://sobreviviendoaldc.wordpress.com