[DC LoCo] CoderDojoDC needs Ubuntu tech support! ;)

Marco Ceppi marco at ondina.co
Fri Feb 15 13:33:56 UTC 2013

You really /don't/ need Oracle java. I would recommend first trying with
just openjdk since to install oracle java you'll need to compile by hand
(as they've removed their packages from the Canonical partner
repository). If performance is bad or things don't appear to operate
properly then just install Oracle Java which will end up replacing
`java` via the update-alternatives command

For straight Minecraft: http://askubuntu.com/a/224575/41
<http://askubuntu.com/questions/221981/how-to-run-minecraft/224575#224575>
To install Oracle Java: http://askubuntu.com/a/56119/41

Good Luck,