[DC LoCo] 8 Days from now: Software Freedom Day (be-earlied) at Takoma Park Folk Festival

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 01:45:05 UTC 2013

I've recently received the loading / unloading pass for this year. So,
we're officially there. Now the question is who all are "we"?

Provided there's portable power, (waiting to hear back on that) and
possibly hot-spottery going on, I suggest bringing tablets running Ubuntu
Touch if you've got 'em.

Also, if you have a recent vintage XO laptop, it might be worth throwing
into the mix.

And, maybe a wee (or not so wee) monitor for a Raspberry Pi.  I can bring a
Pi, keyboard, mouse, USB hub and WiFi antenna.

Handout help is also greatly appreciated: If you can review the SFD
materials at​ ​http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/​ -- especially the
Marketing materials at http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/ and pick some
choice bits, I might be able to runoff some copies.  No promises there.
 The old materials that I cherry-picked a few years ago are at the ghastly
https://googledrive.com/host/0B-RGYMjuORtqYjNkOTFhNTItMDliYS00YTkxLWJiNmItYWEzNDhmYmFhMWFm/

(I had downloaded a series of "For ..." OpenOffice documents from SFD's
site. I used the same "template" to create the "For DC, MD and VA" flyer.)

The SFD swag pack hasn't arrived yet. Last year it was late (well, early
for SFD, which is six days after TPFF but late for us).
​​​