[DC LoCo] What (if anything) do we want from our LoCo Team?

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 16:44:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Jeff Elkner <jeff at elkner.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Sujit Joshi <sjosh.theonlyone at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>> My answers are embedded:
>>
>> 1. Should we work to get the DC Ubuntu LoCo officially re-approved?
>>       --- Yes. Although I dont know how we should do it.
>
> Kevin has a pretty good idea what needs to be done, and it isn't a
> giant hurdle to jump.  Mostly, we need to use the approved Ubuntu
> channels to document what we are doing and then apply to the LoCo
> council for re-approval. (please confirm or correct, Mr. Cole!)

Yes. As mentioned previously: Evidence of activity includiing meeting
logs, photos, and postings on our web site.  See prior e-mails.

>> 2. What do you think is the role / purpose of the LoCo?  What kinds of
>> things should we do?
>>       --- My sole purpose of joining this group was to promote Ubuntu any
>> which ways possible. But I think we need to expand our ambit of operations
>> and not just focus on Takoma park high school. I am pretty sure other
>> schools would be willing to have Ubuntu if they knew what it is. That's
>> where we come in. And why high schools only, what about small businesses?
>> After all we are near DC.

To that end, I'm following the evolution (I hope) of the Mini-Maker
"un-Faire" and plan to table for it, assuming it comes to pass.  Once
again the bat-time / bat-channel for that is November 17 at MLK
library.  Further details when/if they evolve.

>> Going off topic here but I uploaded few snaps from TPFF on flickr. :)

Please send your Flickr ID to Mackenzie, she can add you to the Flickr
LoCo list so that you include your uploads in the LoCo group.  Thanks.