[DC LoCo] The military industrial complex brings you the $3695 Ubuntu tablet

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Sat Nov 17 04:39:45 UTC 2012

On 16 November 2012 22:59, Kevin Cole <dc.loco at gmail.com> wrote:

> It aims to be the anti-OLPC working in "harsh" conditions, unlike all
> those safe, air-conditioned, wired, preppy schools in Africa, India,
> Anacostia, and elsewhere.  ;-)

I mean, you can't toss an OLPC XO-1 out a window and expect it to work.

The device is dust-tight, and will function up to 1m underwater for up to
30m.  That's sort of impressive.
http://www.sdgsystems.com/download/datasheets/Trimble_Yuma_DS_0210.pdf

--

Luke Faraone;; Debian & Ubuntu Developer; Sugar Labs; GMU 2014
lfaraone on irc.[freenode,oftc].net -- https://luke.wf/ohhello