[DC LoCo] What's happ'nin'?

Jeff Elkner jeff at elkner.net
Fri May 18 16:21:31 UTC 2012

I would like to sponsor a Document Freedom Day event at the Arlington
Career Center next year.

I only just learned (about 5 minutes ago)  about Document Freedom Day
(http://documentfreedom.org) from Mr. Cole, and we unfortunately
missed this year's event, but I want to do it next year.

Should I wear my Ubuntu LoCo Hat for that?  Here is why I want to do
this, and to do it as an Ubuntu LoCo event:

1. I have been working on what I hope will become complete curriculum
materials for a web application development program
(http://www.openbookproject.net/courses/webappdev).
2. The computing platform for all of these materials is the one I use:
Ubuntu 12.04.
3. I started the Open Book Project (http://www.openbookproject.net)
back in 1999, so Document Freedom is something of a passion of mine.

Let me know what you'all think.

jeff elkner
open book project
http://openbookproject.net