[DC LoCo] Tech meetups at MLK library this summer

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Sun May 13 16:08:54 UTC 2012

Hi all,

This past Wednesday, I was at the Accessibility DC meetup, where regular
Patrick Timony, an Adaptive Technology librarian and guru who has had a
hand in organizing several Barcamps at the library, informed me of a new
initiative launching at MLK.

He didn't have all the details on hand, but he said that Robert Vesco (
http://www.robertvesco.com/) at the University of Maryland, Peter Corbett
of iStrategy Labs (http://www.istrategylabs.com/) who is also a prime mover
for the past two Digital Capital Weeks (http://digitalcapitalweek.org/),
GeekEasy (http://www.geekeasy.org/) and possibly others are teaming up with
the library to make Monday and Tuesday nights "Geek Central" at MLK this
summer, inviting in all the techie groups to hawk their wares / skills /
gospels. Or so I understand at present.

So, movers, shakers, organizers, set aside some time over the summer to
reserve space. I hope to follow up with more details shortly -- unless
someone else chimes in with details sooner. ;-)