[DC LoCo] Valve talks Steam client for Linux - SlashGear

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed May 2 15:03:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Matthew Gallagher <mattva01 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Well sure, but notice that nearly all game engines and GPU
> manufacturers focus their marketing on support for new directX shader
> features, rather then their equivalent in OpenGL. At this point it's
> an image issue rather then a performance issue.

There are still a lot of game developers who use OpenGL.

Rage by Id Software and Bethesda Softworks and the Call of Duty franchise
all use OpenGL. Some games which default to D3D also have optional OpenGL
renderers. Many of these are all of the Source Engine games by Valve, World
of Warcraft, the Unreal Tournament franchise, Brink, and if I remember
right also Duke Nukem Forever.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
https://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/

"Those who are angry in their religion do not live it."
--Abraham-Hicks

Break some Windows, bring freedom to your PC. www.ubuntu.com