[DC LoCo] Fwd: Valve talks Steam client for Linux - SlashGear

Matthew Gallagher mattva01 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:16:07 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Gallagher <mattva01 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: [DC LoCo] Valve talks Steam client for Linux - SlashGear
To: Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com>

/r/gaming tends to be extremely reactionary though, steam runs just
fine from the system tray in windows 8. I think the issue is that
microsoft is basically giving up on the PC as a gaming platform and
putting the focus in the OS on integrating with Xbox. PC gaming would
be in a  lot better shape if Microsoft just made  a deal with Valve
and put in hooks for steam to hook up with Xbox Live or GFWL, like
Sony did with PSN. Steam on PSN is excellent, it's really too bad that
Microsoft is too stubborn to do the same thing.

--
-Matthew Gallagher

--
-Matthew Gallagher