[DC LoCo] to buy a computer without the Microsoft tax

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:51:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:08 PM, N.C. Weber <ncweber00 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The only thing I can think of is to get yourself a "bare bones" kit with
> no OS.  That is, if you don't mind putting the machine together yourself.

If you're nostalgic you can go for the new Commodore 64. Looks like the
classic C64, but has modern PC hardware under the hood. There's even a
Linux-based CommodoreOS that supports Windows applications, and it boots
into a classic C64 command line mode to run classic game ROMs stored on SD
Card.

They have two models. The New Commodore 64, which all spec'ed out is just
over $1,000, and the VIC model which is just over $500 for its highest end
model.

http://blog.chron.com/techblog/2011/11/is-malware-really-a-big-problem-for-android-users/

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
https://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/

"Those who are angry in their religion do not live it."
--Abraham-Hicks

Break some Windows, bring freedom to your PC. www.ubuntu.com