[DC LoCo] Trouble with Java App

N.C. Weber ncweber00 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 15 18:47:48 UTC 2012

Okay, I just gotta vent. My company uses a video conferencing service called Scopia (kinda like Skype, but better).  The thing runs through the Web browser.  It runs on Windows (natch), Mac, iPad (with a native iOS app), and Android (also through the browser).  But it doesn't run on Linux.  Why?  The thing is coded in Java.  All the above operating systems have Java.  So, why is Linux the only one that it doesn't work in?  I smell discrimination here, plain and simple.

- N.C. Weber
  Curator of the Afrodiseum
  http://welcome.to/the_afrodiseum