[DC LoCo] CLOSED - apt-get vs. gui update manager

Marti Martinson arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Thu Mar 15 17:11:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 08:54 -0400, Keith Howell wrote:
> If you notice this again, you should try an 'apt update' and then run
> the GUI again and see if the new packages show up.

Thank you very much. Never occurred to me.

Marti

PS That cron package was, in fact, part of the 4 that Ubuntu had to
update.

PPS Hey, Mods, should we tag the Subject line with verbs like Closed,
Rejected, Withdrawn, Answered, etc? I did it, but would that be of ANY
value, since these are not in a database.....It's my old job poking
through.