[DC LoCo] GIMP Troubles

N.C. Weber ncweber00 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 7 17:56:16 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
>From: Dan Chen <seven.steps at gmail.com>
>Sent: Mar 7, 2012 12:02 PM
>To: "N.C. Weber" <ncweber00 at earthlink.net>
>Cc: "ubuntu-us-dc at lists.ubuntu.com" <ubuntu-us-dc at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sweet.  That seemed to work.  I used Synaptic to completely remove libgegl-0.0-0 and then used Ubuntu Tweak's Janitor to clean out the packages.  I think I had packages left over from the GIMP PPA, and it kept reinstalling those packages.  Now, I'm running into other packages that require the same treatment.  This time it's libbabl-0.0-0.  I'll let you know when I get this all sorted out.

>Subject: Re: [DC LoCo] GIMP Troubles
>On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 12:00, N.C. Weber <ncweber00 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> I'm on Oneiric, actually. That search says the file is associated with the
>> package libgegl-0.0-0 which I already have installed. If that's the case,
>> then why would the file libgegl-0.0.so.0 be missing?
>Poor packaging.
>> I looked at the folder location where the file should be and found that I
>> have libgegl-0.1.so.0. That can't be right.  Can I just get rid of the
>> libgegl-0.1 and try to reinstall libgegl-0.0?
>Not necessarily rm the existing 0.1 but definitely reinstall the
>proper package from the Ubuntu repo.

- N.C. Weber
  Curator of the Afrodiseum