[DC LoCo] Please Explain This Bug

Ken Stailey kstailey at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 21:30:49 UTC 2012

Dan Chen <seven.steps at gmail.com> wrote

> If you feel that it would garner more attention from a developer (besides me) who understands the holistic ramifications, please do.

Here's a nice forum post that explains a bit about a branch merge proposal

http://askubuntu.com/questions/82631/what-is-the-way-to-submit-a-patch-to-fix-all-the-damage-that-lp-600941-causes

Here's the one I did for LP: #423252 in libgcrypt11 (Ubuntu): "NSS using LDAP+SSL breaks setuid applications like su, sudo, apache2 suexec, and atd"

https://code.launchpad.net/~nutznboltz/ubuntu/precise/libgcrypt11/fix-lp423252/+merge/89971

> And while it is great that you've done some of the leg work, as I mentioned in a previous email, the most efficient manner to move toward resolution is to contribute dollar resources upstream. Cheers.

Do you have more information about how to do that, especially exact information not just nebulous comments?

Thanks,
Ken