[DC LoCo] 12.04 upgrade personal note

Marti Martinson arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Fri Aug 24 14:33:30 UTC 2012

I had a rather standard 10.04 BUT with LXDE also installed. I finally
got the update-manager alert that 12.04.01 was available, so I ran it
this morning.

If anyone else had the 10.04 LTS and used Gnome evolution, just FYI,
mine looks pretty funky now. You might also be prompted to migrate the
location and format to the new evolution.

Also, system-monitor, another gnome app I think, looks funky. Probably
due to the departure from a full Gnome desktop as well.

I did the upgrade under LXDE and several times during the download(s) I
got an alert box with garbled text (actually just empty little boxes)
but the Continue button was obvious.

Just thought I would share.

Marti