[DC LoCo] 2012.09.09 - Takoma Park Folk Festival / Software Freedom Day

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 14:37:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Sujit Joshi <sjosh.theonlyone at gmail.com>wrote:

> Just ordered a pack of 10 12.04 desktop CDs for Sept 9. \m/

We already have a good supply of Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop.  Alas, it's the last
batch until we decide when and how to plead our case with the Community
Council and get re-approved.

Since this is technically Software Freedom Day (or close enough to the
actual date to count as such), it's not supposed to be exclusively about
the love for Canonical.  In fact, not even exclusively the love of Linux.
So other CD's (Ubuntu Server, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, *...buntu, Fedora,
Debian, *BSD, OpenCD for Windows -- or whatever that's called now) are more
than welcome.  The closer they adhere to the "purist" definition of Free
Software, the better.  However, realistically, I believe anything that
moves people in the right direction is okay.