[DC LoCo] 2012.09.09 - Takoma Park Folk Festival / Software Freedom Day

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:15:35 UTC 2012

Well, I couldn't find the old URL. That said, I still have left over flyers
from last year, and I can send out the 12 PDF (and if I can find them, the
corresponding ODT) files to any who want them.

I found some e-mail messages from previous years with some helpful
reminders:

TPFF provides the table. In years past, Jeff has brought chairs.  I believe
Chuck brought a few as well.  But you may be safer bringing your own.  If
you ARE bringing chairs, please post your chair count here, so that we
don't overdo it.

Chuck: Will you be bringing your "better mousetrap / Frankenstein's
monster" shelter, again this year?  Or should I be planning on buying one
of those tent-like pavilions everyone else uses?  They appear to be
mindlessly simple to set up.

Finally, for those of you driving with stuff to unload, you'll need a
printed pass to put in your windshield before the TPFF staff will let you
drive in.  Since I wrote the check yesterday, I do not have the official
pass yet. There is also a set of instructions that go with the pass. When I
have those for this year, I'll let everyone know.

Additional stuff to bring: Dowels, rebar, wire, hooks, Velcro, string,
tape... in other words, stuff to non-destructively hang banners with.

There's plenty of food and drink for purchase, but if you are out of money,
you can bring your own coolers, water jugs, etc.