[DC LoCo] Ubuntu for RaspberryPi ARM?

jerry w jerrywone at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 13:45:30 UTC 2012

rumor has it the Raspberry Pi people are at the Convention
center for USA Science and Tech festival this weekend...

I got one, and am waiting for hard case too,
or finish building a 3D printer started months ago
to print one.

Haven't heard of anyone else locally getting one,
I guess my early morning waking (with depression
and neighbors) finally had it's benefit. :-)

TPFF had SLA battery power, but TV monitor
and HDMI output would be my wonders.
I think people are talking of TouchScreen
to make it a big iPhone type thing,
but not sure...  Would be nice to be
useable while portable..

The 256MB RAM is a real issue to me.

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Chuck Glenn <chuck.kv3g at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Raspberry Pi pages claim that they expect that soon. They
> currently recommend Debian Squeeze.
>
> I'm hoping someone actually offers a protective case for sale. All
> I've found so far is maker-bot plans, blender pictures and groups
> trying to crowd fund before they begin.
>
> It would be pretty cool to have a Pi running 12.04 to show off at the
> Takoma Park Folk Festival.
>
> -- Chuck
>
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 9:18 AM, jerry w <jerrywone at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looking for the Precise isos I saw an ARM
>> version (preinstalled something),
>> but don't think it's for RaspberryPi,
>> but started wondering, if that is in the works,
>> or [relatively] easily doable...
>>
>> Debian for Pi exists, so wondering
>> if Ubuntu will roll their own too...
>>

>> --