[DC LoCo] Valve talks Steam client for Linux - SlashGear

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:04:06 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Matthew Gallagher <mattva01 at gmail.com>wrote:

> As usual, I fail to properly copy and paste long replies.
>
> One more note I forgot to mention from the article is that distaste of
> Windows 8 by game developers appears to have spread to Valve.
> I wonder where this leads for the future of the PC as a gaming
> platform.....?

This alone could be Microsoft's ultimate undoing. Games are the key to the
Home PC market, and if Microsoft looses that it would be the end of their
dominance in the Home PC market. Likely it wouldn't be the end of Windows
as a whole. Businesses would keep it alive, but they wouldn't have the
soaring revenue from Home PC buyers anymore. It depends on how much the
game devs hate Windows 8, and that's one crowd that Microsoft cannot afford
to antagonize.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
https://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/

"Those who are angry in their religion do not live it."
--Abraham-Hicks

Break some Windows, bring freedom to your PC. www.ubuntu.com