[DC LoCo] 2011.09.11: Software Freedom Day / Takoma Park Folk Festival

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 14:34:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 09:39, Chuck Glenn <chuck.kv3g at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'll be bringing the franken-shelter (poles, connectors, tarp and
> bungie loops), two chairs, three 18Ah sealed-lead-acid batteries, various DC
> laptop adapters and my USB 3G dongle.  The used Virgin Mobile MiFi didn't
> work out.  I had too difficult of a time switching from the old account
> holder of the used device, and VM tech support is apparently non-existant.
> So I think we should concentrate the battery power on the devices that have
> active connections.

You da man!

As for connections to the sky, I think that's only Mackenzie and Dan,
in all likelihood.  Though, since it's Software Freedom Day and not
Ubuntu or Linux Day, folks running CyanogenMod or similar on a 3G / 4G
/ ... / 999G tablet would be a tasty treat.  (I've got CyanogenMod on
my EVO, but no data plan.  So, it's a mini-WiFi-only device.)

> Do we have water available in bulk?  If so, I can bring my 5-gallon
> insulated water jug and some drink mix packets.

I'll ask the organizers.  Not being a water drinker, I've never really
thought about it.