[DC LoCo] thoughts on recovering from power off during distro upgrade?

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:37:05 UTC 2011

2011/10/18 Frank J. Gómez <frank at crop-circle.net>:
>  Or
> perhaps there's a dpkg command I can run that will take all uninstalled
> packages on the machine and install them; that doesn't seem out of the
> question... but what about the package that was in process of being
> installed when the power off occurred?  Lost cause?

That command is:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
It should be able to resume, assuming your disk is in an OK state.
However, you *may* need to boot from a live CD and chroot into the
hard drive, then run this, if the system's current level of upgrade is
unhappy with the prospect of booting.

--
Mackenzie Morgan