[DC LoCo] Ubuntu Global Jam - Taste of India | Saturday April2nd, 2011 ? to close. (preliminary)

Brian Curtis bcurtiswx at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 31 18:24:22 UTC 2011

It's merely a suggestion.

I'm happy with 'normal' hours.  I figured it's a global event, we
should dedicate more time to working on them, and offering advice on
good bug triage practices to those who are interested.  Thats the
spirit of the Global Bug Jam.

With the fact that we don't have a lot of responses of interest to go,
I don't see why we'd need to hold it for so long.

On that note though, I will attempt to be there around 1, and If all
else, Kevin and I can enjoy some delicious indian food, their bar
selections, and some fun chit chat about news and politics and the
tech world.

~Brian

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Kevin Cole <dc.loco at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 13:56, N.C. Weber <ncweber00 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Ah, I see. I was under the impression that this was going to be under regular meeting hours.
>
> Me too, til Brian suggested earlier, which is fine by me. ;-)
> However, if the banner / tablecloth get in the way, we may just do a
> group photo at some point holding up said items.  (The small banner
> should be no trouble.)
>
> Also, if some of us marathoners are going to be there for
> approximately 8 hours ("1 until closing" was proposed), remember to be
> good to our host and order a drink or snack periodically.
>
>> To be honest, I haven't the foggiest notion of what I can do. I have no programming skills whatsoever. But it would be nice to meet folks in person.
>
> Eat, drink, ask questions, complain about what you hate in Ubuntu,
> rave about what you love. ;-)  Maybe acquire some programming skills
> on the fly. Ya never know.

Ubuntu Member: http://launchpad.net/~bcurtiswx
Freenode IRC: BCurtisWX
Ubuntu Wiki: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/BCurtisWX