[DC LoCo] Ubuntu Global Jam - Taste of India | Saturday April 2nd, 2011 ? to close. (preliminary)

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 17:26:42 UTC 2011

Typically we lock the doors, cover the windows and remove watches so that
the prisoners cannot tell time. But for you we'll make an exception. ;-)

Seriously, it's pretty informal with people showing up whenever they feel
like it and for however long they feel like it. I'm horrible at agendas,
etc.  Probably best to try to arrive early.

Regarding banners, etc.  As luck would have it (sort of) MUCH earlier that
day, Sanjay and I will be about a mile north of Taste of India at the
E-cycle event being held at Phobe Hearst Elementary School (3950 37th St.
NW) from 8:30 until 11:30 a.m.  We'll be handing out CD's and I'll be
bringin' out the banners.  I'll talk to Merge about hanging them somewhere
big and prominent. Maybe I can get in there for a trial unfolding sometime
before Saturday to figure out where and how to do that.  (The banner I
designed was designed for your average table at your average event. I think
it's just shy of 6 feet. The newer banner, I think, was something like 15-20
feet. I never did measure the tablecloth.)

As for the wireless, I imagine the best solution would be to temporarily
give it a different password that's easy to remember and hand out.  I doubt
Merge would have too much problem with that.  But if we're descending on him
in significant numbers, it would be good to give him fair warning, and
perhaps bring our own extension cords and power strips.

So, RSVP people.  (No need to say you're NOT coming, but it would be nice if
those who are could speak up.)