[DC LoCo] firefox 4 released

William Wolf throughnothing at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 03:36:48 UTC 2011

Firebug 1.7 has been working with FF4 for a while now (was officially
released along side FF4 today I believe).

Extensions that I know work are:

HTTPSEverywhere
Ghostery
Firebug
ABP
FoxyProxy
Web Developer Toolbar
Pentadactyl
FlashBlock
BetterPrivacy
NoScript

To me, the killer feature in FF4 is the firefox sync and its
privacy-respecting glory (everything is encrypted on the server and they
never get the key).  Chrome can't compete here.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Lucas Moten <lucas.moten at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm waiting a few weeks for updates to add-ons.
>
> ABP, NoScript are musts (both of which I believe are supported)
> But I also need things like Firebug, Web Developer and Selenium which I
> haven't checked on yet.
>
> I'm still wrestling with getting my system fully stable after the boot
> issues I had a few months back and might just hold off on a browser change
> until 11.04 release in the event I decide to nuke it from orbit.
>
> -Lucas

-Will