[DC LoCo] Takoma Park Folk Festival Community Tables

Chuck Glenn chuck.kv3g at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 22:56:56 UTC 2011

Kevin,

I have a couple of items that may help:

- about five 12vdc universal laptop adapters (with various voltage settings
and common brand tips)
- a pair of 18amp-hour deep-cycle SLA batteries
- joiners and 6' sections of conduit pipe that I use for a 10.5' by 24'
screen house while camping.  It could be shortened to 10.5' x 12' or 10.5 x
18' (120-degree type joiners as shown here
http://www.creativeshelters.com/Fittings/Canopy-Fitting.aspx if anyone is
curious).
- a 5-gallon insulate drink jug (I'll bring sugar-free lemonade or iced tea)

There are a couple months to go before then.  I might be persuaded to buy a
bigger battery or two if we think we can just run on DC.  Those universal DC
adapters were in response to our issues 2 years ago when I attended.

The canopy would definitely help with glare on any laptop screens.  If 10.5'
is wider than we are allowed to have, we could offer to set the thing up
sideways and cover somebody else, or I can cut some shorter roof lengths of
pipe.  with 6' lengths, though, a 12x12 tarp fits perfectly as a roof.  It
takes about 30 minutes to set up, too.  So if I'm bringing that, I'd want to
show up as early as we are allowed.

Anybody else that keep SLA or gel batteries should bring whatever they can,
because we'll be able to put them to use running some laptops.  The only tip
I don't have is the HP type with that looks like a pencil-width hole with a
pin down the middle (which is of course what I have for a laptop these days)

-- Chuck Glenn