[DC LoCo] Annoying Gmail banner

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 21:10:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 15:56, Lucas Moten <lucas.moten at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see this warning banner that you speak of, but what problem does it cause?
> Does it disrupt thick clients, browser plugins or anything?
>
> For me, its just causing the typical eye-ball-memory
> click-ok-to-this-warning dialog to proceed kind of problem where I'm just
> mentally ignoring it, and thus it'll never effectively serve the purpose it
> was intended to.

The service that cried "Wolf".  Not a good thing, IMHO. Teaching the
ignorant to ignore everything just means eventually we'll all get more
calls from our less-enlightened brethren (and sistren?) who will
undoubtedly reinfect themselves again and again -- and refuse to
switch to less vulnerable systems.