[DC LoCo] planning for a grand welcome to any DC-area microsoft store

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Sat Jun 25 21:10:10 UTC 2011

hi ubuntistas,

    microsoft opened their 10th store this weekend, in houston, texas.
they likely have plans to open a store in the DC-area.  we should plan
on giving them a grand welcome by holding a festive baked beans party
-- say about an hour before a group of us visits the store.

     maybe we can coordinate this with several of the mac user groups in
our area -- in the style of a flash mob.

      the next day, the wall street journal reports, "sales at the new
microsoft store in the washington dc location have been unusually
low. their stock price has taken another hit."

      their store's ventilation system will be entirely unprepared for
free software lovers. they say the pen is mightier than the sword.
well, there's something even mightier than the pen. :-)

            phil
Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html
http://www.twitter.com/philshapiro