[DC LoCo] Upgrading My Ubuntu Netbook

N.C. Weber ncweber00 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 25 16:02:34 UTC 2011

Well, as expected, the video problems on my netbook are getting progressively worse. So, I've purchased a replacement netbook. I'm a little disappointed with Acer's netbook design decisions. The new AOD255E model I got can't be upgraded. No more 2GB RAM. On top of that, I was hoping to swap hard drives between the old Acer and the new one, but there is no hard drive access on either model. So, instead of moving all my stuff to the new machine via drive swap, I have to install and configure everything from scratch. Guess what I'm doing this week.

So, besides the Home folder, what else needs to be transferred to the new machine?