[DC LoCo] Not a linux question, at least not directly...

Robert Simmons rsimmons0 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 20:43:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Kevin Cole <dc.loco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Even with IE the output is messed up. Button and checkbox text appears to be
> outside of the frame it is supposed to display in, and no scroll bars to
> change that. So, I'm thinking about ways to see the HTML in other browsers,
> in addition to considering different ways to view what's being provided
> (maybe) on the other ports.  I'm not savvy enough with the various network
> monitoring tools like tcpdump et al, but I may see what I can glean from
> those.

nmap will show you what ports are open etc.  Then use wireshark to
examine everything that comes out of the thing.

Both are straightforward and easy to use.  Probably time to get savvy
with network monitoring tools anyway, right? ;)

http://nmap.org/
http://www.wireshark.org/

The versions in Ubuntu are moldy and old, but will get the job done
(both of these pieces of software have been mature for over 10 years,
so old versions will do the trick).