[DC LoCo] Evolution Killed My GNOME

N.C. Weber ncweber00 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 7 04:36:26 UTC 2011

I was thinking about saving space on my system, so I've been removing
apps the I never use.  One application I decided to kill was Evolution.
I never use it.  In fact, I hate the thing.  So, I went in to uninstall
it.  Lo and behold, uninstalling Evolution also kills Gnome-applets,
Gnome-panel, and Gnome-control-center.  Normally, this wouldn't bother
me as I'm dedicated to Unity (love the thing), but it means I have no
clock on my top bar.  Any recommendations or substitutions for restoring
the clock?

Oh, and out of curiosity, I quick logged into Ubuntu Classic and there's
nothing there. No panels, no menus, no indicators. Nothing but wallpaper
and a poor, lonely mouse pointer. Even Alt+F2 doesn't work. Had to shut
down by pressing the power button. Freaky.

--
- N.C. Weber
   Curator of the Afrodiseum