[DC LoCo] Double Double MOTD bug

Barry Warsaw barry at canonical.com
Mon Jun 6 18:13:21 UTC 2011

On Jun 06, 2011, at 01:59 PM, Daniel Chen wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at canonical.com> wrote: >
>It's an annoying bug.  The first step is to fix it in Oneiric, so I'll put >
>together a patch for that release.  Once that's accepted, we can work up >
>SRU packages for -proposed.  You can help ensure these are working properly
>by > enabling the testing of -proposed packages and commenting on the bug
>report.
>
>Indeed, that's what I'm implying. Apparently that process isn't
>adequate according to previous replies in this thread, so I'm
>attempting to suss out how it can be improved.

Actually, I think the bug already does not affect Oneiric.  At least the code
in the .postinst is quite different and doesn't look like it'll cause the same
problem.  Also, I haven't seen double motds on my Oneiric VM.

I think the SRU process works fairly well, for what it's intended to do.  What
doesn't work as well IMHO, is getting bugs in older versions identified,
patched for all relevant versions, uploaded into the various -proposed
archives, tested, and followed through to landing.

-Barry