[DC LoCo] Double Double MOTD bug

Ken Stailey kstailey at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 18:12:43 UTC 2011

--- On Mon, 6/6/11, Daniel Chen <seven.steps at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Daniel Chen <seven.steps at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [DC LoCo] Double Double MOTD bug
> To: "Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team" <ubuntu-us-dc at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Monday, June 6, 2011, 2:08 PM
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Ken
> Stailey <kstailey at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Have the people who push out the update actually do
> some testing.
>
> What do you mean by "actually do some testing"? Is the implication
> that Marc didn't test whatsoever or that his test suite
> wasn't rigorous enough? Frankly I don't see the former being
> probable. He's a thorough, albeit fallible, human being. Thus, I'm
> interested in how you feel the process can be improved concretely and
> openly.

After I put on the update an log in I see the following, is Marc unable to log in?  Is he so careless as to not read the messages?

$ ssh mo
Linux molybdenum 2.6.32-32-server #62-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 20 22:07:43 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS

Welcome to the Ubuntu Server!
 * Documentation:  http://www.ubuntu.com/server/doc

2 packages can be updated.
2 updates are security updates.

Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS

Welcome to the Ubuntu Server!
 * Documentation:  http://www.ubuntu.com/server/doc

4 packages can be updated.
0 updates are security updates.

Last login: Fri Jun  3 21:41:17 2011 from silver.rdc.internal
ksta at molybdenum:~$