[DC LoCo] DCLoco Help Got Me Here

Marti Martinson arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Sun Jul 3 22:22:57 UTC 2011

(Previous attempt to post failed because I had a png screen shot
attachment.)

Please know that the technical expertise provided here is truly
appreciated. I now have, on my Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS box, a session for
openbox with pcman file manager and avant-window-navigator (tray).

This was done in prep to avoid Unity-2d. I know that pcman IS taking
some color settings from Gnome, so 12.04 may just break everything I
have now.

I can, at least, cp, mv, rm, find, apt-get, and stop/start apps on the
CLI. I am a slow learner, but this Unity does NOT look inviting.

I may need to go to Debian stable, but all of your help is valued all of
the time.

Marti

PS For those thinking of openbox.....wow:

http://urukrama.wordpress.com/openbox-guide/