[DC LoCo] New to the Area [sorta] - Events?

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 03:00:16 UTC 2011

On Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:39:05 pm Kevin Cole wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 17:14, <john.willis at pinfosec.com> wrote:
> > What other events and social gathering opportunities should I know about?
>
> Someone, usually not me, organizes an InstallFest and/or a Release Party.

They were hosted by the GWU Chapter of the ACM, but I'm no longer on the board
for that group (see below re graduated), so they're not doing it anymore.

>  Now that Mackenzie's graduated and not going to be quite as local,

I'm gonna be local again! Got a job in Columbia, and will be moving to Silver
Spring end of next week :D

> In the general tech category outside of Ubuntu, for Linux there's DCLUG (
> http://dclug.tux.org/) and NoVALUG (http://novalug.com/).  For general
> tinkering and hackery, there's HacDC (http://hacdc.org/).

Also NoVA Hackers, which is for NoVA's security crowd. It's a "you have to
know someone inside to join" type group though.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo