[DC LoCo] moonlight-plugin-mozilla

Marti Martinson arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Wed Feb 9 22:23:26 UTC 2011

Hello, and good evening. I would like anyone's frank, candid, objective,
or even biased input on the moonlight-browser-plugin.

I use 10.04 LTS with only about 5 or 6 apps that I have downloaded since
7.10, but I FAITHFULLY update every time Update Manager says to.

I admit I have a Vista laptop that I start once a week; install updates
for virus, spyware, and OS; then I shut it down. I did put Silverlight
on it and visited a few sites. Yes, rich content.....But I do miss HTML
3.2 sites sometimes. :)

Has anyone had that plugin DESTROY a stable system? I saw a couple of
fora discussing problems with media players and watching TV, but I am
just curious about (local, real) experiences with the browser plugin.

Thank you.

PS I would be installing via the Synaptic manager and not with a
self-downloaded deb package, and I will certainly not be ./config ' ing
it from source. :)