[DC LoCo] Oracle Java To Be Removed from Ubuntu, Uninstalled from User Machines

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 19:13:42 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Kevin Cole <dc.loco at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the past, I've tried OpenJDK and hit dead ends. And I've also fooled with
> installing directly from Oracle's downloads. That too was less successful
> than the sun-java-* Debian packages. Will this change be the end of the
> world? No. But let's just say I'm not expecting a smooth, seamless
> transition. I'm expecting a PITA, which will probably eliminate my ability
> to do certain things.

I wonder if this means its going to be OpenJava's time to shine. On
the Linux front at least.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts

You Can Teach Old Computers New Tricks http://www.ubuntu.com