[DC LoCo] "When your ISP is one of your neighbors" - PCWorld

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:13:24 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Phil Shapiro <pshapiro at his.com> wrote:
> Hi ubuntistas,
>
>   If you live on Capitol Hill or Adams Morgan, you are no longer prisoners of big telcos for your Internet service.
> The small business wireless ISP called DC Access offers an alternative.
>
>    I've blogged about this for PCWorld magazine.
>

> "When your ISP is one of your neighbors" (PCWorld) http://tinyurl.com/84snb8u
> Wireless ISP's offer much to communities.  by @philshapiro
>
>    Thanks for spreading the word. We've got to kick the big telcos in the shins as hard as they kick
> us in the shins -- or we'll be subject to their abuses from here to eternity.
>
>          phil shapiro
>
> Grateful thanks to my geek friend Erik Lang for telling me about DC Access.
>
> btw, the folks who run DC Access love FOSS -- and use it wherever they can in their business.

This is good news. If you talk to them again get them to expand out to
Hyattsville....PLEASE!!! LOL

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts

You Can Teach Old Computers New Tricks http://www.ubuntu.com