[DC LoCo] Chromium

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 03:42:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jeremy at bicha.net> wrote:
> On 30 August 2011 22:52, Robert Simmons <rsimmons0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any info on why the Chromium browser package in
>> ubuntu is lagging behind Chrome stable these days?  Or, I should
>> rephrase this to, what happened to keeping up with Chrome stable in
>> backports or natty-updates?
>
> It's getting tested first before being released to all Lucid,
> Maverick, & Natty users.
> Enable the proposed repository if you want it now (but be aware that
> there are updates in there besides Chromium that have not been fully
> tested yet).
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser

You also just either add the Chromium PPA or download the Google
Chrome .deb package from the official website. Installing the .deb
package also adds the official repository for Google Chrome Stable to
your software sources list so you get all of the latest updates.

That's what I did. I'll be getting a new laptop soon from DORS. They
want to give me a new system with Win7 and Zoomtext on it. I might
just wipe it and put Ubuntu on it instead. I've told my DORS counselor
about Ubuntu and the benefits of using Compiz for its low-vision
accessibility features (ie; Advanced Desktop Zoom, Negative Color,
etc). He's totally blind uses an open source text-to-speech app for
Windows, but I forgot what he called it. There is Jaws, but that thing
is so overpriced its not even funny.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts