[DC LoCo] Anyone running 10.04 LTS with a newer Firefox?

Marti Martinson arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Tue Aug 23 22:59:30 UTC 2011

I have a fairly standard 10.04 LTS. The only other time I added a ppa
resulted in catastrophe. Midori caused synaptic to crash before fulling
starting. Oh, it also caused update-manager to display everything as
greyed-out.

I did a CLI remove of midiro; was then prompted (somehow, I forget) to
do a partial dist-upgrade; and THEN things were back to normal.

I'd like to run the following that I found on the omgbuntu UK site:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Is anyone on 10.04 with a newer firefox? Mine is 3.6.20. (I am not
looking for bleeding edge everything......)

Thank you, and I hope everyone is OK from the quake.

Marti