[DC LoCo] Ubuntu and the Law of Attraction

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 04:40:12 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Robert Simmons <rsimmons0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use the AudioFire pre8 from Echo.  There are quite a few 1394
> external soundcards that work just as well.  None of them are consumer
> cards, however.  They're all pro audio, so they're not cheap.  If you
> are serious about looking into which ones to use, you should take a
> look at the Free Firewire Audio Drivers project at http://ffado.org/.
> They have a full list of devices and what level of support they have.
> Another fantastic resource is http://www.linuxmusicians.com/
>
> Also, the mailing lists for xwax and mixxx are good places to ask
> about this stuff as well:
> http://www.xwax.co.uk/
> http://www.mixxx.org/

Its too soon right now to say what we're going to use. We might use a
mix of Ubuntu Studio and Mac OS X for the audio side of what we're
going to be doing.

Part of our business will be game development. That's all I can reveal
right now.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts