[DC LoCo] Natty not booting on MacBookPro

Daniel Chen seven.steps at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 08:42:19 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 10:58 AM, jerry w <jerrywone at gmail.com> wrote:
> hosed
> will not even boot the recovery one

You should be able to use an alternate image. Presuming this is the
correct disc for your hardware, see
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily/20110417/natty-alternate-amd64+mac.iso.zsync
(use the zsync app to download).

> last update a few days ago must have killed it
> I seem to recall doing a lot of the same updates over and over again
> nux?

Lots of compiz and unity updates in the past few days, but those
should not prevent you from booting. Unless by "booting" you mean
fully loading a desktop session...

> but wondering if others have the same issue
> (as in it will get better somehow magically,
> and I don't have to reinstall from scratch...)

I haven't had such issues booting. Granted I'm doing daily updates via
the alternate image because we don't have a reliable Internet
connection here in the desert...

-Dan