[DC LoCo] Not a trusted source? Hmmmm..... All I want is mysql-server

James Hancock jlhancock at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:23:01 UTC 2011

I am running 10.10 in a virtual box and am running into update and
installing bugs.

When I simply try to update with the GUI, it gives me a,
"
Failed to fetch
http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/maverick-security/multiverse/source/Sources.bz2
Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.
"

Using sudo apt-get update I get
"
Ign http://us.archive.ubuntu.com maverick-updates/universe i386
Packages/DiffIndex
Ign http://us.archive.ubuntu.com maverick-updates/multiverse i386
Packages/DiffIndex
Ign http://us.archive.ubuntu.com maverick/main Sources
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com maverick-proposed/restricted i386
Packages/DiffIndex
W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com maverick-proposed Release: The
following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu Archive
Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster at ubuntu.com>
E: Could not open file
/var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_maverick-proposed_restricted_binary-i386_Packages.IndexDiff
- open (2: No such file or directory)
"

When I try to update the repositories I get this error...
"
GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com maverick-proposed Release: The
following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu Archive
Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster at ubuntu.com>Failed to fetch
http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/maverick-security/multiverse/source/Sources.bz2
Hash Sum mismatch
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.
"

What I really want to do it install mysql-server, but I get this everytime.
"
Some of the packages could not be retrieved from the server(s).
Do you want to continue, ignoring these packages?
"
and then it give me
"
W: Failed to fetch
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libp/libplrpc-perl/libplrpc-perl_0.2020-2_all.deb
  Size mismatch

W: Failed to fetch
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libd/libdbi-perl/libdbi-perl_1.611-1_i386.deb
  Size mismatch
"

I don't really know how to approach this problem I have been looking around
on the forums but I haven't seen anything less.

Cheers,
James Hancock