[DC LoCo] October 16: Ubuntu / Ubuntu Sugar Remix (USR) Release Party w/ OLPC Learning Club

jerry w jerrywone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 17:47:26 BST 2010

I'm a charter/founding member (and have the
t shirt and Hat to prove it), but have not yet tried
CapitalBikeShare.com.  Thanks for the reminder
on $100 hold to check out a bike...

Fees Comparison:
3 hours of use on SmartBikeDC used to be
free, but my reading of the fees chart
is that on CiBi it would be ~$25

$1000 for lost bike on CiBi
$500 for lost bike on SmartBikeDC
$500 deductible for ZipCar/ Flexcar...

I've seen the new bikes, they have generators
on the wheel for lights and are nice,
but not worth $1000, IMHO...

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:19:34 am Kevin Cole wrote:
>> Public Transportation: I've found that the simplest way to get there (other
>> than bicycling)
>
> And if you wish to bicycle, there is a new bike-share program that spans both
> DC *and* NoVA with over 100 stations (instead of the measley 10 that are all
> inside the city for that /other/ bike share program) and allows rentals that
> include rates up "$price for 7th hour and every hour after that" (as opposed
> to the "if you keep it more than 2 hours we charge you as if stolen" policy of
> the other one).
>
> The downsides?
> A. There are per-hour prices on top of the annual membership
> B. They need your credit card to put a security deposit on (which is $101 so
> if you use a debit card for your security deposit, make sure it's not going to
> overdraft you!)
>
> --
> Mackenzie

Jerry W