[DC LoCo] October 16: Ubuntu / Ubuntu Sugar Remix (USR) Release Party w/ OLPC Learning Club

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 17:24:02 BST 2010

On Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:19:34 am Kevin Cole wrote:
> Public Transportation: I've found that the simplest way to get there (other
> than bicycling)

And if you wish to bicycle, there is a new bike-share program that spans both
DC *and* NoVA with over 100 stations (instead of the measley 10 that are all
inside the city for that /other/ bike share program) and allows rentals that
include rates up "$price for 7th hour and every hour after that" (as opposed
to the "if you keep it more than 2 hours we charge you as if stolen" policy of
the other one).

The downsides?
A. There are per-hour prices on top of the annual membership
B. They need your credit card to put a security deposit on (which is $101 so
if you use a debit card for your security deposit, make sure it's not going to
overdraft you!)

--
Mackenzie