[DC LoCo] TPFF: Volunteers, chairs, wheels, etc...

Brian Curtis briancurtis.wx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 20:29:16 BST 2010

Knowing me has this giant disclaimer form saying that when you invite
me to outdoor events, it usually rains.
It's what happens to all meteorologists unfortunately.

On the other hand, the average of the forecasts of the masses would
probably be a better forecast than the NWS, and there afre quite a few
TV stations saying this front will only bring a sprinkle or two to the
area.  Then again, I am an optimist.

The professional side of me would say that the models under predict
rain, and that the models are still predicting rain for sunday until
2PM, so a poncho may be in order.

Take it as you will,
~Brian

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Kevin Cole <dc.loco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brian <- meteorologist points out that Sunday's forecast calls for 60%
> chance of rain in the AM.
>
> "Be prepared. That's the Boy Scout's marching song.
>  Be prepared, as through life you march along.
>  Be prepared to hold your liquor pretty well.
>  Don't write naughty words on walls if you can't spell."
>
>                                           -- Tom Lehrer

--Wernher Von Braun
"The second law of thermodynamics: If you think things are in a mess
now, JUST WAIT!!"