[DC LoCo] An Install Fail Party

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 16:26:15 BST 2010

On Thursday, September 09, 2010 07:22:02 am Kenneth Stailey wrote:
> --- On Thu, 9/9/10, Daniel Chen <seven.steps at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From a purely functional perspective, have you captured kernel debugging or
> >other diagnostics for this hardware?
>
> and opening another launchpad bug that gets ignored?
> I'd rather just continue to run FreeBSD on it.  KDE 4 will finish compiling
> on it way, way sooner than anyone will debug the Linux kernel for it.

Hint: Daniel is well-skilled in the area of kernel debugging ;-)  He's been
patching the kernel for over a decade now.

Also!  This Saturday there is a kernel triaging summit being held on IRC by
Jeremy Foshee, Canonical's kernel bug triager, to teach all the rest of us how
to debug kernel bugs.

--
Mackenzie Morgan