[DC LoCo] The Final Straw

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:59:42 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:42, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I really which people would stop blaming Ubuntu devs and Canonical for
> changes made upstream.  They complain to us about the lack of
> edit-path button in Nautilus too, even though it was just yet another
> case of GNOME removing features (like they always do).

If Ubuntu devs and Canonical folk are perceived as taking credit for
changes made upstream, then they also need to be ready for the blame.
I don't believe the average end-user understands the relationship
between Ubuntu and various upstream sources. I know *I* don't ;-) and
I suspect the only ones who truly do are the devs at both ends of the
series of tubes that the trucks of data drive on. ;-)

Educating the teeming masses is hard.